Travel Agent Online: +51 - 999580815 Main Office: +51-84-246255
USA Call Phone +13214451319
Day 1. Cusco - Cachora Town - Santa Rosa Campsite
We leave Cusco at 05:00am in the morning traveling to the small village of Cachora. On the way we will have an opportunity to visit Saywite is a limestone outcrop about four meters in diameter on which the Incas carved a model of their empire, Tawantinsuyo. The stone, upon which images of the flora, fauna, topography and customs of the empire, then we will arrive after four hours to Cachora town we will be met by our mules and horse man then we begin our first day's hike, we will head along the edge of the Apurimac canyon, with the river almost 2000 meters below us. About half-way through the day we will begin our winding descent to the river. As we descend the heat becomes intense, and we will arrive hot and tired at the bridge which crosses the river where we will be able to bathe to refresh ourselves camp in Santa Rosa.
(L) = lunch / (D) = dinner
Day 2. Santa Rosa – Choquequirao Inca city
This is an amazing day we will make the steep in ascent up to the ruins of Choquequirao. The path will lead us through dense cloud forest for about two hours, when we will finally get our first view of the citadel on a spur ahead of us. Another two hours walk, with Choquequirao now almost constantly in sight, leads us to our destination, exploring the ruins and, hopefully, see some condors. These Andean birds with a wingspan of up to three meters, tend to rise up from the floor of the canyon on the afternoon thermals, providing visitors on the central plaza of Choquequirao with a magnificent show. That night, after an unforgettable sunset and a good meal, we will camp close to the ruins.
(B) = breakfast / (L) = lunch / (D) = dinner
Day 3. Choquequirao - Playa Rosalina campsite
After exploring the entire archeological complex of Choquequirao and studying all the sectors in detail we head of towards to Playa Rosalina descending back along the same path to Santa Rosa. We continue our gradual descent from 3033 meters close to Apurimac River at 1550m today’s hike ends at Playa Rosalina where we will spend the night.
(B) = breakfast / (L) = lunch / (D) = dinner
Day 4. Playa Rosalina - Cachora - Cusco
An early start today will help us to avoid the worst of the heat in the canyon and guarantee us some magnificent views of the Apurimac and the surrounding peaks. On our journey we reach the lookout at Capuliyoc one final time where we say goodbye to the fabulous views of the Choquequirao ruins. We will also see the majestic snow-covered peak of Padreyoc overlooking the Apurimac Canyon while surrounded by the flora & fauna, then climb to our final destination of San Pedro de Cachora to return to Cusco by bus.
(B) = breakfast.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE.
Note: Horses will carry the heavy gear; you will hike carrying only your personal pack, sleeping bag and pad.
If you are considering bringing special photography equipment or other heavy accessories, or just simply don't want to carry anything, please request an additional horse and horse man (US$ 100) to carry your personal belongings, this way you will freely enjoy the hike. (This is highly recommended if you have never hiked over 10000 feet). Cooks handle all the kitchen chores.
Frequently Asked Questions-(FAQ)
How difficult is the Choquequirao Trek?You just need to remember that you are able to go at a speed that is comfortable for you. Take your time, pace yourself, and enjoy. Choquequirao Trek is considered a moderate hike, not a technical hike but high altitude may affect some people.Is altitude sickness common? And how high is the Choquequirao Trek?It's impossible to predict who will be affected by altitude. Your ability to adapt to high altitude is determined by your genetic makeup and has little to do with fitness or health. Most people will have no problems as long as they take the time to acclimatize properly. A full 2 days spent in Cusco (3399m), taking it very easy and drinking plenty of water is enough for some people but if you can arrange to have minimum 2-3 days in case of any travel disruptions as well then this is what we recommend as there is also so much to do here!. The highest point you will reach while hiking the Inca Trail reaches 4280m on the 2nd day. Are Trekking poles or Sticks necessary?We recommend the use of Trekking poles, especially for those passengers with known knee problems. There are multiple times during the trek that a Trekking poles is handy, be it ascending a mountain or walking along the rough trails.Will I need to bring water?We recommend that you purchase a 1.5 – 2 liter bottle of water to take with you on the first day. Every night during the trek, we will boil water so you can refill the same bottle every morning before setting out. If you are planning to drink from any streams or waterfalls, we strongly suggest you bring water purification tablets or filters.Also, you will be able to buy water along the way on Day 1, for the first few hours of Day 2, then again on the afternoon of Day 3, and of course at Machu Picchu.Is the Choquequirao Trek still good during the rainy season?Some people actually like to go during the rainy season because there are fewer tourists but we say please be prepared for wet weather and have suitable clothes and equipment. Possibly snow so be prepared for a possible change of route if a pass is deemed impassable by the guide.We do not recommend this trek in the months of January, February and March. Will I be able to witness the sunrise at Choquequirao?You first encounter Machu Picchu as the sun rises over the high mountains encircling it. It is already dawn but this impressive moment of Machu Picchu coming out of the shadows of the looming mountains is awesome. Will I need any extra money?Yes or yes we recommend to take extra money, tips for your trekking staff, souvenirs, snacks, bottled water, drinks, etc. You should take at least 300 soles as emergency money. Do Tour guides speak English?Completely fluent in English. Our guides are also one of the most popular aspects of our tours some of them being historians and archaeologists and all demonstrate a great passion for their culture and heritage.
It Is Included:
• Transfer from your Hotel
• Tourist Transportation Cusco to Cachora Town
• Professional English-Spanish Speaking Tour Guide
• Assistant Tour Guide for group of 10 people
• Horses and horse man
• Professional Cook and asistan
• Food 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 3 Dinners.
• Vegetarian food Option
• Camping Equipment Tents for 02 people ,dining tent with tables and chairs
• Sleeping matress
• Emergency Horse
• Oxygen bottle,First aid kit
• Entrance ticket to Choquequirao Park
• Transport back to Cusco
It Is Not Included:
• Personal trekking gear, sleeping bag, tips to guide and support staff, city services.
• First breakfast (first day) is normally provided at your hotel before leaving.
• Last lunch at the end of the tour on 4th Day.
• Single Tent supplement: US$ 20
• Sleeping bag (optional): US$ 20
We recommend to take:
• Trekking day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
• Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho.
• Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
• Sandals or plastic slip on thongs are also good to give your feet a chance to breath
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
• Sleeping bag (we can hire these to you)
• Torch/ Flashlight and spare batteries
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
• Sun block cream
• After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
• Insect repellent - minimum recommended 20% DEET - although no malaria risk has been reported
• Toilet paper, pack in & pack out
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
• Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
• We advise you to bring water sterilizing tablets in case you collect water from streams.
• Your own medical kit with any special medications.
• Small towel or sarong
• Bathers/swimsuit (if you intend on swimming in hot springs )
• Cash - sufficient for snacks, tips and souvenirs.
• Walking sticks or poles we can hire these to you
Before booking the choquequirao Trek, please read the following information carefully:
BE sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the date that you enter Peru.
Fill out the booking information. We will contact you as soon as possible (within 24 hours) to confirm your Ausangate Trek booking, accommodation and assist you in customizing a unique package.
Please specify if you would require the services of an extra horse.
Payment Proceed: You must to paid the total amont online with credit card. You will proceed with your payments through our secure server paying by Pay Pal, We also accept money transfer or direct deposits.
acclimation Proceed: we recommended you to arrive in Cusco 1 or 2 days before your departure date to ensure that you are well acclimatized to the high altitude.
Normal Price $550.00
Type of tour : Hikking, Archeologycal
Duration : 4 Days - 3 Nights
Starting Poin t: : Cusco
Ending Point : Cusco
Price : $ 550.00
GROUP SERVICE:(02 to 08 People Max): Our most popular Choquequirao treks is recommended for everybody who likes the adventure, Families, Honeymooners and Couples.
PRIVATE SERVICE: All inclusive for Families with children, Honeymooners and Couples. Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as: extra porters, horses to ride and to carry your personal gear (for alternate treks), and luxury hotels if you required.
PERU GOLDEN TREKS & EXPEDITIONS
Main Office Telephone: +51-84-246255
Travel Agent on line :+51-999580815 - +51-999580814
HEADQUARTER: El Sol Avenue N° 106 Office Nª 106 1st Floor Galerias "La Merced"
Cusco - Peru
PERU GOLDEN TREKS ALL RIGHT RESERVED 2016
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON BOOKING A TOUR WITH PERU GOLDEN TREKS & EXPEDITIONS
1. Choose how many people you are making deposits for
2. Click on our Pay Now button
3. Choose Create Account and Pay by Credit Card (Option 2)
4. Choose a User Name and Password
5. Fill in your name, address and phone number
6. Log In with your new User Name and Password
7. Be sure your details are accurate and press Pay Now
8. Be sure to submit the following Book Now form telling us which tour and date you are booking, and any personal preferences!