Travel Agent Online: +51 - 999580815 Main Office: +51-84-246255
USA Call Phone +13214451319
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK
This is the shortest of the treks and is best suited for those with a limited amount of time. It is the lowest in altitude (4350 meters) of the 3 alternative treks and also the shortest in distance (17 kilometers) but still sees some great examples of Inca Stairs and other Inca ruins along the way. As there are only 2 days of trekking, you will only camp for one night and then sleep in our Hotel on the next night. Huchuy Qosqo is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers very spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota.
Day 1: TAMBOMACHAY, PUCAMARCA
At 06:00 am we will pick up from your hotel with our private transportation for 25 minutes to Tambomach
ay located at 3700 masl. (for our midday we have 8 Km of moderate walk with a gradual climbing of 450 meters ; 4-5 Hrs till the lunch place) we start our hike walking at the ancient Inca Trail . From this point you can observe panoramic views of Cusco traditional neighborhoods as Santa Ana, Santiago, Puquin and the Valley of Qorao. After reaching a pass of 4180 meters, we descend along the trail, we will see Queullococha Lake, the trail takes us up over the second pass (4300 meters). We also could see Qoricocha Lake , from where we descend for 20 minutes to find our lunch spot , free time to rest.
Then, we will reach the highest point (4380 masl), from this top it is easy to see Chincheros ,Piuray lake and snow sacred mountains as Salcantay, Veronica, then a 1.5 Hrs downhill walk to Pucamamarca, our camping place. Here, we set up camp . This community is located at 3,980 masl, nearby there are few houses that belong to the farmers.
Meals: L - D
Day 2: PUCAMARCA, HUCHUY QOSQO, TAUCCA, CHINCHEROS, CUSCO.
Early wake up at 6:00 am, after breakfast we leave our campsite at 07:00 am , a soft walk to end the valley and we walk through Leon Punku a narrow canyon to see a restored trail , a panoramic views of Lamay Valley and Calca, the sacred river of the Incas, Willcamayo ; the walk is one hour to reach the Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo, from this point it is clear to see many beautiful mountains as Chicon, Pitusiray, Sawasiray, Waccaywilca and Veronica ancient Apus so respected and venerated by the locals . We have a guided tour for 1.5 hour to visit and explore this interesting Inca complex. Huchuy Qosqo was originally an administrative and military center as Pisaq, with many constructions around, Inca buildings with perfect fine stones work, graneries structures called Collcas to store and preserve food. By 10:00 am we continue our hike to Taucca Pass . After reaching the top we start our last gentle descend for 1 hour until our lunch place. After lunch our private vehicle will transport us to return to Cusco.
Meals: B - L
Horses will carry the heavy gear; you will hike carrying only your personal pack, sleeping bag and pad.
If you are considering bringing special photography equipment or other heavy accessories, or just simply don't want to carry anything, please request an additional horse (US$ 95) to carry your personal belongings, this way you will freely enjoy the hike. (This is highly recommended if you have never hiked over 10000 feet). Cooks handle all the kitchen chores.
Frequently Asked Questions-(FAQ)
Are Trekking poles or Sticks necessary?We recommend the use of Trekking poles, especially for those passengers with known knee problems. There are multiple times during the trek that a Trekking poles is handy, be it ascending a mountain or walking along the rough trails.Is altitude sickness common? And how high is the Huchuy Qosqo Trek?It's impossible to predict who will be affected by altitude. Your ability to adapt to high altitude is determined by your genetic makeup and has little to do with fitness or health. Most people will have no problems as long as they take the time to acclimatize properly. A full 2 days spent in Cusco (3399m), taking it very easy and drinking plenty of water is enough for some people but if you can arrange to have minimum 2 days in case of any travel disruptions as well then this is what we recommend as there is also so much to do here!. The highest point you will reach while hiking the Trek reaches 4000m on the 2nd day. Will I need to bring water?We recommend that you purchase a 1.5 – 2 liter bottle of water to take with you on the first day. Every night during the trek, we will boil water so you can refill the same bottle every morning before setting out. If you are planning to drink from any streams or waterfalls, we strongly suggest you bring water purification tablets or filters.Also, you will be able to buy water along the way on Day 1, for the first few hours of Day 2 Is the trail still good during the rainy season?Some people actually like to go during the rainy season because there are fewer tourists but we say please be prepared for wet weather and have suitable clothes and equipment. Possibly snow so be prepared for a possible change of route if a pass is deemed unpassable by the guide.We do not recommend this trek in the months of January, February and March. Will I need any extra money?Just only for an emergency situations for buy water, drinks, etc. You should take at least 300 soles as emergency money. Do Tour guides speak English? Completely fluent in English. Our guides are also one of the most popular aspects of our tours, some of them being historians and archaeologists and all demonstrate a great passion for their culture and heritage.
It Is Included:
It Is Not Included:
• Personal trekking gear, sleeping bag, tips to guide and support staff, city services.
• First breakfast (first day) is normally provided at your hotel before leaving.
• Last lunch
• Single Tent supplement: US$ 15
• Sleeping bag (optional): US$ 15
We recommend to take:
• Trekking day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
• Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho.
• Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
• Sandals or plastic slip on thongs are also good to give your feet a chance to breath
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
• Sleeping bag (we can hire these to you)
• Torch/ Flashlight and spare batteries
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
• Sun block cream
• After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
• Insect repellent - minimum recommended 20% DEET - although no malaria risk has been reported
• Toilet paper, pack in & pack out
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
• Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
• We advise you to bring water sterilizing tablets in case you collect water from streams.
• Your own medical kit with any special medications.
• Small towel or sarong
• Bathers/swimsuit (if you intend on swimming in hot springs )
• Cash - sufficient for snacks, tips and souvenirs.
• Original passport & ISIC (International Student Identity Card) if you have one.
• Walking sticks or poles
Normal Price $380.00
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK
Type of tour : Hikking, Archeology
Duration : 2 Days - 1 Night
Starting Point : Cusco
Ending Point : Cusco
Ending Point : $ 380.00
GROUP SERVICE: (02 to 08 People Max): Huchuy Qosqo trek to Machu Picchu. It is recommended for everybody who like the adventure on the Peruvian andes and hike Inca trails.
PRIVATE SERVICE: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as: extra porters, horses to ride and to carry your personal gear.
PERU GOLDEN TREKS & EXPEDITIONS
Main Office Telephone: +51-84-246255
Travel Agent on line :+51-999580815 - +51-999580814
HEADQUARTER: El Sol Avenue N° 106 Office Nª 106 1st Floor Galerias "La Merced"
Cusco - Peru
PERU GOLDEN TREKS ALL RIGHT RESERVED 2016
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON BOOKING A TOUR WITH PERU GOLDEN TREKS & EXPEDITIONS
1. Choose how many people you are making deposits for
2. Click on our Pay Now button
3. Choose Create Account and Pay by Credit Card (Option 2)
4. Choose a User Name and Password
5. Fill in your name, address and phone number
6. Log In with your new User Name and Password
7. Be sure your details are accurate and press Pay Now
8. Be sure to submit the following Book Now form telling us which tour and date you are booking, and any personal preferences!