Travel Agent Online: +51 - 999580815 Main Office: +51-84-246255
USA Call Phone +13214451319
MANU JUNGLE TOUR
This natural paradise, in 1977, was officially recognized and designated by the UNESCO as a World Biosphere Reserve because it contains the best existing example of biodiversity in a protected area of Rainforest, as well as endemic areas of Cloudforest.
In Manu, we have the opportunity to observe a variety of animals in their natural habitats, including: Giant River Otters (Ptenorura brasiliensis), Black Caiman (Melanosuchus niger), the majestic Jaguar (Panthera onca), the strange Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus), the Tapir (Tapirus terrestris), the Ocelot (Felis pardalis), 13 species of primates, and an estimated one thousand species of birds including seven Macaws (Ara spp). Manu also contains 10% of the world´s vascular plant species, including several species of figs and palms, as well as countless species of medicinal plants that scientists are currently listed.
We travel for around 8 hour’s private bus trip from the city of Cusco ascending to the high mountain area. After a short stop in Ninamarca, to see the pre-Inca cemetery, and Paucartambo village, we descend the eastern slopes of the Andes through cloud forest with lush vegetation (ferns, orchids, bromeliads etc.) to the lowland rain forest on the Madre de Dios River. You will enjoy spectacular views of the Andes and may see wildlife such as our national bird, the Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola peruviana), brilliantly coloured Tanagers and Hummingbirds. We spend the night in a lodge in San Pedro cloud forest or in Asuncion .
Meals : Lunch,Dinner, Snacks
DAY 2. SAN PEDRO OR ASUNCION TO RIO DE ORO LODGE
After breakfast we walk along the road. We go 1 hour by bus to Atalaya port, at 500 m. Here we embark on a half hour journey in a 15-meter motorized canoe down the Alto Madre de Dios River. We have the opportunity to see wildlife along the rocky banks of the river, such as Fascinated Tiger Herons, Purplish Jays, Skimmers, Vultures and some of the 13 species of monkeys that live in Manu. In the afternoon we walk on the trails around the lodge and visit Machuwasi Lake. Optional night walks to see caimans at the river. We spend the night at a jungle Lodge.
DAY 3. EXPLORING AROUND THE JUNGLE LODGE
Very early in the morning we travel by boat to see the parrot clay lick. This is a special place where parrots, parakeets and small macaws ,Chestnut fronted Macaw and the rare Blue headed Macaw, go to eat minerals which help them with digestion. After the natural show we walk on the trails and climb up to a lookout from where we have a view over the Alto Madre de Dios River. We can go fishing or have a bath in the river. The night is spent at the lodge. Optional night walks (to see insects, frogs, snakes etc.).
Meals : Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner,Snacks
DAY 4. RIO DE ORO LODGE TO CUSCO
After breakfast we take the boat back to Atalaya port where our bus is waiting. We start the return trip through the cloud forest back to Cusco, with some stops on the way to observe animals. We arrive around 6 pm, transfer to your hotel.
Meals : Breakfast.
The Cultural Zone is one of the three areas of the Manu Biosphere Reserve and is a transition zone between the Andes and the Jungle. There are Mountains, a Cloudforest and a part of the Jungle. In this area it is possible to see small hamlets, settlers and Native Communities who dedicate their time to productive activities like agriculture or pruning but in a smaller scale, thanks to the control of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Park authorities. The purpose of this controlled area is to protect the Reserved Zone. That is why it is also called "Transition Zone" or "Multi-use Zone".
For a deeper experience in the jungle we recommend you to make an excursion into the Reserved Zone of Manu.
We recommend the tour in the Cultural Zone for those who have few time (4 days) and who want to visit the Peruvian jungle and take advantage of the nice landscapes and the various ecosystems. You will also have the opportunity to practice Adventure Sports like Mountain biking, Rafting (level I - II) and Canopying. On the other hand, the Wildlife in the Cultural Zone is less impressive than in the Reserved Zone. The main wildlife in the cultural area consists of minor mammals and birds.
The Cusco office is equipped with Radio Communication. Communication on the journey is by radio and we are in constant communication with the four Radio Bases in the Jungle. Emergency service is always close by, following each step of the group's trip to supply us with our essential needs.
One of the main reasons why our tour operator is considered a Jungle Specialist is because of our emphasis on safety. We provide our own transportation, both boats for the river and specialized overland vehicles for the road.
Guides are very important part of your trip because they help you understand all about the rainforest, the interrelations between the plants and animals and the importance of conserving this natural ecosystem. There are biologists, anthropologists and rainforest specialists amongst the staff.
It Is Included:
• Transfers In/out
• Naturalist guide
• Transportation Cusco/Atalaya/Cusco by private bus
• Transportation by private boat: Atalaya to jungle Lodge and back
• Excursions mentioned in the programme
• Overnights in our jungle Lodges
• Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
• Water at any time and warm drinks or lemonades with meals
• Guide book for rainforest of Manu - Talking About Manu
• Professional Tour Guide
• Assistant Tour Guide for group of 10 people
• Professional Cook and asistants
• Food 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
• Vegetarian food Option
• Oxygen bottle, First aid kit
• Entrance tickets for the reserve
• Transportation by boat
• Adventure activities
It Is Not Included:
• Personal trekking gear, tips to guide and support staff, city services.
• First breakfast (first day) is normally provided at your hotel before leaving.
• Last lunch at the end of the tour on 4th Day
We recommend to take:
• Trekking day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
• Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho.
• Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
• Sandals or plastic slip on thongs are also good to give your feet a chance to breath
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf. Thermal clothing is also
• Torch/ Flashlight and spare batteries
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
• Sun block cream
• After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
• Insect repellent - minimum recommended 30% DEET - although no malaria risk has been reported
• Toilet paper, pack in & pack out
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
• Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
• We advise you to bring water sterilizing tablets in case you collect water from streams.
• Your own medical kit with any special medications.
• Small towel or sarong
• Bathers/swimsuit (if you intend on swimming in hot springs )
• Cash - sufficient for snacks, tips and souvenirs.
• Original passport.
• Walking sticks or poles.
Normal Price $420.00
Type of tour : Birdwatching, Ecological
Duration : 4 Days - 3 Nights
Starting Point : Iquitos
Ending Point : Iquitos
Price : $420.00
GROUP SERVICE: (02 to 08 People Max): Our most popular Manu Reserve tour. It is recommended for everybody who likes the Nature,wildlife, adventures in the jungle.
PRIVATE SERVICE: Special Amazon programs just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you.
PERU GOLDEN TREKS & EXPEDITIONS
Main Office Telephone: +51-84-246255
Travel Agent on line :+51-999580815 - +51-999580814
HEADQUARTER: El Sol Avenue N° 106 Office Nª 106 1st Floor Galerias "La Merced"
Cusco - Peru
PERU GOLDEN TREKS ALL RIGHT RESERVED 2016
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON BOOKING A TOUR WITH PERU GOLDEN TREKS & EXPEDITIONS
1. Choose how many people you are making deposits for
2. Click on our Pay Now button
3. Choose Create Account and Pay by Credit Card (Option 2)
4. Choose a User Name and Password
5. Fill in your name, address and phone number
6. Log In with your new User Name and Password
7. Be sure your details are accurate and press Pay Now
8. Be sure to submit the following Book Now form telling us which tour and date you are booking, and any personal preferences!