Travel Agent Online: +51 - 999580815 Main Office: +51-84-246255
USA Call Phone +13214451319
TAMBOPATA JUNGLE TOUR
The original Tambopata Candamo Reserved Zone was created by a ministerial resolution in January 1990 as a step towards a larger policy of land management in the area and to protect the land whilst it was properly surveyed to determine the best land-use for it. One of the land-use proposals put forward was for a national park to protect the watershed of the Tambopata and other rivers and their natural resources from the encroachment of civilization.
The proposed National Park was to be called Bahuaja-Sonene. The National Park status was given to 54 thousand hectares of the previous Reserved Zone in August 1996 - a blessing for nature.
DAY 1.Puerto Maldonado City
On arrival of your flight or bus to Puerto Maldonado, our guides or staff will meet you at the airport or bus station and transfer you to our office to make a registration. Your excess luggage will be stored safely in our office in Puerto Maldonado and then we will continue to the Capitania port. We take our motor boat along the Madre de Dios River for approximately 40 minutes to Yakari Eco Lodge. A cool welcome drink awaits you. Our first adventure will be going to the hanging high canopy bridge and zip lines. The start of the adventure circuit is to reach a tower and stairway that ascends to the treetops where a platform that marks the start of the zip-line almost 200mts long, the breathtaking views are only matched by the excitement of overcoming our fears and the adrenaline that courses through us as we leap off the platform supported by the high security harnesses that connect us to the zip- line cable to a platform 27mts high. The 75 mts long of the log walkway, hanging 27m above the floor, leads off this platform, a risky balancing act, and takes us to the platform at the start of the second zip line, a 160m fly back to the tower and stairwell that descends to the forest floor.12.30 p.m. Return to the Yakari Eco lodge. After a well-deserved lunch, we take the kayaks to the river, well protected with high quality life jackets, and accompanied by a motor boat that guarantees extra security; this level one activity is relaxing and accessible for all. Getting Monkey Island, you will be able to appreciate a great diversity of monkeys such as the: capuchin, tamarines, squirrel monkeys. Return to Yakari Eco Lodge .Nocturnal activities are available this night.
Day 2: Sandoval Lake
After a great breakfast, and distributed to each traveler lunch and snacks, we’ll take the boat to get to the control of Tambopata National Reserve Zone, after 1 and half hour walking through the rainforest we are approaching to the famous Sandoval Lake. Immense ancient trees and entangled vines; we will be able to see multihued flower and fauna including: Giant Otters, birds, coloured butterflies, turtles, and variety of fish. We will spend few hours in canoe on one of the most beautiful lakes in region. Return to Yakari Ecolodge, dinner and rest.
Day 3: Parrots and Parakeet’s Clay Lick – Puerto Maldonado
Parrots and parakeets need to eat rich clay that provides them salts and minerals. Early each day, therefore, they congregate at the salt licks, clay walls along the rivers and streams in the Madre de Dios region of the Amazon rainforest. At 7:00am we go back to the lodge , have breakfast and return to Puerto Maldonado.
The Cultural Zone is one of the three areas of the Tambopata Biosphere Reserve and is a transition zone between the Andes and the Jungle. There are Montains, a Cloudforest and a part of the Jungle. In this area it is possible to see small hamlets, settlers and Native Communities who dedicate their time to productive activities like agriculture or pruning but in a smaller scale, thanks to the control of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Park authorities. The purpose of this controlled area is to protect the Reserved Zone. That is why it is also called "Transition Zone" or "Multi-use Zone".
For a deeper experience in the jungle we recommend you to make an excursion into the Reserved Zone of Tambopata.
We recommend the tour in the Cultural Zone for those who have few time (4 days) and who want to visit the Peruvian jungle and take advantage of the nice landscapes and the various ecosystems. You will also have the opportunity to practice Adventure Sports like Mountain biking, Rafting (level I - II) and Canopying. On the other hand, the Wildlife in the Cultural Zone is less impressive than in the Reserved Zone. The main wildlife in the cultural area consists of minor mammals and birds.
The Cusco office is equipped with Radio Communication. Communication on the journey is by radio and we are in constant communication with the four Radio Bases in the Jungle. Emergency service is always close by, following each step of the group's trip to supply us with our essential needs.
One of the main reasons why our tour operator is considered a Jungle Specialist is because of our emphasis on safety. We provide our own transportation, both boats for the river and specialized overland vehicles for the road.
Guides are very important part of your trip because they help you understand all about the rainforest, the interrelations between the plants and animals and the importance of conserving this natural ecosystem. There are biologists, anthropologists and rainforest specialists amongst the staff.
It Is Included:
• Transfers In/out
• Naturalist guide
• Transportation by private boat
• Excursions mentioned in the programe
• Overnights in our jYakari Lodge
• Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
• Water at any time and warm drinks or lemonades with meals
• Guide book for rainforest of Manu - Talking About Manu
• Professional Tour Guide
• Assistant Tour Guide for group of 10 people
• Professional Cook and asistants
• Food 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food
• Vegetarian food Option
• Oxygen bottle, First aid kit
• Entrance tickets for the reserve
• Transportation by boat
• Adventure activitie
It Is Not Included:
• Personal trekking gear, tips to guide and support staff, city services.
• First breakfast (first day) is normally provided at your hotel before leaving.
• Last lunch at the end of the tour on 4th Day
We recommend to take:
• Trekking day pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
• Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho.
• Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
• Sandals or plastic slip on thongs are also good to give your feet a chance to breath
• Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
• Torch/ Flashlight and spare batteries
• Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
• Sun block cream
• After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
• Insect repellent - minimum recommended 30% DEET - although no malaria risk has been reported
• Toilet paper, pack in & pack out
• Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.
• Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
• We advise you to bring water sterilizing tablets in case you collect water from streams.
• Your own medical kit with any special medications.
• Small towel or sarong
• Bathers/swimsuit (if you intend on swimming in hot springs )
• Cash - sufficient for snacks, tips and souvenirs.
• Original passport.
• Walking sticks or poles.
Normal Price $380.00
TAMBOPATA JUNGLE TOUR
TAMBOPATA JUNGLE TOUR
Type of tour : Birdwatching, Ecological
Duration : 3 Days - 2 Nights
Starting Point : Puerto Maldonado
Ending Point : Puerto Maldonado
Price : $380.00
GROUP SERVICE (02 to 08 People Max): Our most popular Tambopata Reserve tours. It is recommended for everybody who like the Nature,wildlife,adventure. For Families, Honeymooners and Couples.
PRIVATE SERVICE: Special Amazon programs just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you.
PERU GOLDEN TREKS & EXPEDITIONS
Main Office Telephone: +51-84-246255
Travel Agent on line :+51-999580815 - +51-999580814
HEADQUARTER: El Sol Avenue N° 106 Office Nª 106 1st Floor Galerias "La Merced"
Cusco - Peru
PERU GOLDEN TREKS ALL RIGHT RESERVED 2016
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON BOOKING A TOUR WITH PERU GOLDEN TREKS & EXPEDITIONS
1. Choose how many people you are making deposits for
2. Click on our Pay Now button
3. Choose Create Account and Pay by Credit Card (Option 2)
4. Choose a User Name and Password
5. Fill in your name, address and phone number
6. Log In with your new User Name and Password
7. Be sure your details are accurate and press Pay Now
8. Be sure to submit the following Book Now form telling us which tour and date you are booking, and any personal preferences!